Saturday, July 2, 2016

 This is the view from the plane as I flew into Copenhagen. If you ever have the opportunity to fly into Copenhagen, even if you have to connect and end up elsewhere, the flight in is beautiful and amazing. The massive air farms with windmills in the middle of the channel here was cool.
 Here's a speedy snail on the floor of the train. I set my bag on the ground for a maximum of 5 minutes to wait for the train, and this little guy made it to the top of my bag in that time. Crazy.
 Oh, this is just a sample of wine at a grocery store in Skive, Denmark.
 This is a beach near Morton's house. He took me there the first evening. We rode bikes. It was fun.
 Selfie. He was cold, and I wasn't. So much for his teasing of me, saying I wouldn't be able to cope with the weather in Denmark.
 This is the Thomasens' three dogs (Albert the big white one, Karla the small white one, and Rico the Dachshund). The scenery is from the island Fur near Skive. Fun fact, you pronounce Fur Foo-uh and Skive Skee-vuh. Fur is home to one of the two clay mines in the world of a particular type which is used for insulation around the world. The other site is in Russia. This is part of the mine, a hole in the ground which was actually really pretty.
 Another picture of the above.
 This is a neat tree near the beach on Fur.
 This is a view from Fur.
 This is taken from a hill overlooking the beach and water.
 Looking down the hill.
 Looking down and along the coast.
 Looking down towards the stairs which are visible near the two dots which are Micael (Morton's dad) and Lene (Morton's stepmother).
 I think you can just tell off to the left, but along the highway there are some mounds which Morton informed me, as we were driving by, that they were viking burial mounds. This was taken out the window of the car. Crazy how casual these viking burial mounds are treated.
 This is a pretty scene out the window of the car again.
 This is the western coast of Jutland, the peninsula on which Skive is located. Copenhagen is located on Sjaelland. Fun fact, Micael referred to this beach area as the place where Germans go to drown. Apparently, ever summer Germans travel up there on holiday who have "no respect for the north atlantic" and they get sucked into the majorly dangerous riptides and many drown. This happens with some frequency apparently, sometimes 3 or 4 within the same day.
 I waded further out on the concrete blocks initially than did Morton or his sister Karina. That's them.


 There are a lot of muscles in this picture. Haha, couldn't resist.


 This actually looks like the edge of a cliff, but it's the same rock on which I was standing in the above pictures.


 There's the three of us once I returned back a little further.
 This was the huge mound of sand, a sort of hill or dune near the beach. We ran up to the top.
 The dogs followed.
 This is looking over the sand hill on the opposite side from the ocean at the little town. It was so pretty. Bright colors.
 This is the sand hill.
 Here's a WWII era bunker on that same beach.
 More scenery. I tried to capture more mounds, but I'm not sure I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment