Saturday, July 2, 2016

Concluding the Salzburg Portion of my Trip

 I went to a concert in which the pianist performed Mozart's Piano Sonata K. 576 among other pieces, one of those which we had studied in class. It was so cool. This is inside one of the recital halls in the old Mozarteum.
 I walked back with a group of friends rather than take the bus. From left to right that's Zenon, me, Nicola (the program assistant director), Emily, and Abigail.
 The last weekend, I believe on Friday night, I and a few others remaining in Salzburg rather than going to Prague, went on a hike up the first mountain we hiked, Gaisberg. We took a different path this time, and the weather and sky were very different. It was beautiful.
 Same hike.
 Don't really know what I was taking a picture of.
 From a little higher up-Salzburg.

 This is the Wolfgangsee, or the Lake Wolfgang, about 30 minutes outside of Salzburg. I also went there on saturday, desiring to go swim and hike around an Austrian lake at least once. I swam in the adjacent lake, the Fuschlsee, but the hiking trail led up to something called the Ruine Wartenfel, which turned out to be the remains of an old stone lookout post/castle/fortress on the side of the mountain overlooking the many lakes and area. Well worth the hike.
 Another view from the top.
 This is a view of the structure from the back, sort of.
 Another view.
 Austria was playing Portugal in the European Cup and so we all went to the Stiegl brewery to watch the game amongst the crowd of people. Complete with facepaint (and yes I know I'm wearing a Denmark Jersey.)
 Here's a picture of the mad flag waving.
From left, Daniel, Zenon, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment